from wikiHow - The How to Manual That You Can Edit
- Know the reason(s) why you are choosing this lifestyle. If you don't know why you want to become a cute scene girl and are doing it just because other scene girls are doing it, then you are not being a true kawaii scene. Do you want to be cute because you feel young at heart? Because you like cute anime? Whatever the reason, make sure that making this your style is what you really want and that you know why you want it, or you may regret the decision later.
- Adopt a new attitude. You don't need to completely change who you are, but if you're the gloomy or rude type, know that this is not acceptable in the kawaii scene society and you will be labeled a poser. Also know that, since you are trying to have an innocent persona, all swear words should be completely eliminated from your vocabulary. Your attitude needs to have one or more of the following attributes: CUTENESS (of course), sweet as sugar, playful, child-likeness (aka- child-like wonder, child-like happiness, child-like giddiness, child-like mischievousness etc.) If you are more of an introvert, you can go for the ultra shy/sweet type.
You MUST be kind toward everyone you meet. Yes, even your worst enemy. But don't be fake or too overly nice or goody-goody as this might annoy people.
Be an optimist. Have a positive outlook on life, like that of a child. Always remember to look for the best in people.
- Understand that the original concept of the "cute" style came from Tokyo, Japan, and stems from anime (Japanese animation). Know that anime is an all-important aspect of the cute scene style. Kawaii itself is a Japanese word that means "cute" or "pretty".
- Start incorporating colors like pink (lots of it!), blue, purple, and some yellow into your wardrobe and accessories. Some red can be good too. Pastels, and bright colors are great. You should think of white as your fashion foundation. A certain amount of black is fine, but try not to have too much of it. Rainbow is also very good.
When it comes to fashion, besides going for the "young" look, the main thing to remember is to do anything you want. Anything unique is great. Mismatch colors and patterns. Layer things. Wear giant boots with high furry socks peeking out of the top if you want to. Do something no one does. Do something that expresses your individuality.
- TOPS: You must have at least one amazingly cute, mega-oversized jacket. Remember that you are a scene kid after all and don't forget about band shirts. These are very important in the scene community. Make sure that your tops are skin-tight. Hello kitty shirts are a MUST. In fact, stock up on ALL things hello kitty. Anything else from the Sanrio company is great. Disney princess shirts are good. Tinker Bell is especially good. Cartoon characters are good. ESPECIALLY ANIME. Any top that has a young, cute, or girly style to it is what you're looking for.
- PANTS: Get many pairs of colored skinny jeans. And get one pair of black and one of white. Skinny jeans with patterns or animal print on them are amazing finds. The same goes for leggings and tights. Tiny shorts are very cute.
- DRESSES AND SKIRTS: Dresses galore. This should be the main ingredient in your wardrobe. Ruffles, frills, lace, bows, anything feminine or cute will do. Lolita dresses are highly acceptable. White dresses are wonderful. Pastels are fine too. Whatever dress you can find that looks like it's more suited for a porcelain doll than for you, GET IT! Skirts should be fairly short. You can wear your leggings or tights underneath. Tutus are NICE. Neon colored is perfect.
- SHOES: Vans, converse, flats, ballet shoes, giant black boots, go-go boots, any shoes with thick, chunky heels, uggs, flip flops (only if they're ultra cute), Japanese geta (wooden sandals), and doll style shoes (black or white) are all kawaii scene. As long as they're cute, you could even get away with tennis shoes. This is only a guideline; wear whatever shoes feel right for you.
5. Get kawaii scene hair. Two ponytails, braids of any size, and any "cute" hair style is good. Your hair needs to be layered up top and either slightly or majorly teased. Use hairspray to hold your hair in place. Make your hair look "messy" and like you just rolled out of bed. Don't ask why, just comply. It's sexy in the book of scene. Also, you'll need either bangs, long side bangs, or a fringe. You can dye your hair black, platinum blonde, or an "anime" color such as red, pink, blue, dark blue, purple, etc. You can also dye colored streaks or chunks through random sections in your hair. Coon tails have become quite popular. For the kawaii look, colored coon tails are best. Finish your hair off with a little girl headband and/or a giant bow. Ribbons, clips, and other accessories are also good.
This video shows the typical way to style scene hair.
- It's good to have a nice cell phone such as an iPhone, iTouch, Blackberry, or a Sidekick. Spending a lot of time texting on your cell phone will make you look cool and popular.
- Getting anime eye contacts is VERY good for the kawaii scene girl look as it will make your eyes appear larger and more innocent. If you want, you can get colored contacts.
- Colored animal print is the craze.
- Hoodies with kitty or bear ears on the hood are super cute.
- Arm warmers/leg warmers and fingerless gloves are good. Especially leg warmers with pom poms.
- OVERSIZE in accessories such as jewelry (plastic jewelry's the best), sunglasses/glasses, belts ( be sure to get a white belt with rhinestones), bags etc. You'll want to keep toys such as a large bunny, teddy bear, or doll in your bag.
- Eat candy (huge lollipops are the best) regularly. Don't forget to brush those teeth, since having rotten teeth would /not/ be cute.
- Buy anything and everything that has to do with anime in clothes and accessories. Start watching anime, and become familiar with the most popular anime series!!
- Tall girls and girls that come in all shapes and sizes CAN be cute. It's how you act and dress that matters.
- Remember to stay sweet... and stay KAWAII!
- People may stare, laugh, or make rude remarks about your "weird" fashion sense, but don't give these people a second thought. You're not the only one who chooses to live "outside of the box". You are you and that's all that matters.
Things You'll Need
- It's pretty uncool if you don't have an iPod.
- You'll absolutely need a myspace account. If you don't have one already, get one as soon as possible and start adding friends (other scene girls for example). Accept all friend requests. The goal here is to accumulate a five-digit number of friends MINIMUM and become popular in the scene community.
- You must have a digital camera. Upload good photos of yourself at myspace. Try to add new photos at least once a month.
- How to Be a Scene Kid
- How to Style Scene Hair
- How to Apply Scene Eye Makeup
- How to Make a Great Scene MySpace Page
- How to Be Kawaii
- How to Be a Girly Girl
- How to Act and Look Innocent (for Girls)
- How to Embrace Your Inner Child
- How to Be Playful
- How to Be Optimistic
- How to Dress Harajuku Style
- How to Become a Lifestyle Lolita
- How to Dress Lolita
- How to Appreciate Anime
Article provided by wikiHow, a wiki how-to manual. Please edit this article and find author credits at the original wikiHow article on How to Be a Cute Scene Girl. All content on wikiHow can be shared under a Creative Commons license.